1 packet of Dakshina's South Indian Lamb Curry mix
500 grams of lamb or mutton (actually works well with any red meat) -- Diced
2 onions finely chopped
400 grams of tinned tomatoes
1/2 cup of cold water
1 tsp of salt
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat and add onions. Fry until they are clear.
- Add the diced meat to the pan. Fry until meat is brown.
- Add the packet curry mix and tomatoes and mix into the meat.
- Add cold water and salt.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until meat is cooked. Add more water if needed.
Enjoy with rice or naan! Serves approximately 5 people.
- The mixture is great with all kinds of meats! The curry mix also makes a fantastic base for vegetarian curry.
- This curry can also be made in a slow cooker--just add the tomatoes and 1 tbsp of water--this is great if you want to come home to a cooked curry after work.
- This curry can also be made in a casserole dish. Simply cook in the oven at 180 degrees for 1 hour.