1 packet Dakshina's Butter Chicken Curry mix
1/2 kg Chicken--boneless & cubed
50 gms Butter
1/2 cup Yoghurt--plain, natural (unflavoured)
2 medium onions, chopped
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1/2 cup Tomato Puree
1 tsp White vinegar
1/2 cup Cold water
1 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Cream
- Mix yogurt, tomato paste, white vinegar, and salt together in a bowl
- Add cubed chicken to bowl. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- In a heated pan, fry onions in butter until onions are clear.
- Add the contents of the bowl with chicken to the pan. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add spice mix, tomato puree, & water to the pan.
- Continue cooking for approximately 10 minutes (until chicken is cooked)
- Add cream and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
Serve hot! Rice and/or naan bread work excellently as sides.
Want this Dairy-Free?
That might make it "unbuttered" chicken, but the taste is surprisingly similar! To go dairy-free, simply:
- Remove the yoghurt
- Replace the vinegar with lemon juice (This works as a marinade instead of the yoghurt)
- Replace the butter with a little bit of oil when frying.